Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Valladolid Homestay: Jan. 14 by Maura K.

Today I went with my host sister, Eva, to my second day of school.  We had history, math, literature, religion and English.  The teacher made me the "mini-teacher" and I helped with the lesson.  It was really fun to hear their English and let them ask me questions.  There are so many differences between my life in Nashville and life here in Valladolid.  What has stood out to me the most is the food and the eating schedule.  We don't eat breakfast, and at around 11:00 a.m. at school we have lunch, which is bread, ham and a tangerine.  At 3:00 p.m. is the big meal.  And we have a big dinner at 9:30 p.m. or 10:00 p.m.  For me this has been the biggest adjustment.  I am excited to get to know my family and Valladolid!

No comments:

Post a Comment