Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Valladolid: Homestay, Jan. 13 by Megan R.

Today, my host sister, Nuria, has exams in her school, so I was offered the opportunity to go to work with my host mother, Nuria as well.  She is an English teacher as well as a television host, so I helped her teach her students advanced English by introducing English phrases first in Spanish and then in English.  I was very happy to help teach her students because they often taught me some common Spanish phrases.  after going to the academy, we went to the studio where I was given a big surprise!  I am going to be on TV!  I am going to be a part of a segment where I explain to the host American culture and specifically common New Years Resolutions.  This will be entirely in Spanish, so I am a little worried (but more excited than worried).  After coming home, Carlos taught me a card game, and we had dinner.  So far, I have met both sets of abuelos, two tíos, and three primos.  Family is a large part of Spanish culture, and I am excited that I get to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment